Hair transplant is on latest demand for all those who have lost their hair completely or for them who want to correct their hairline. Though a question still arise among them who want this hair transplantation that whether this procedure is safe or its’ result lasts for long? At Dr. Paul’s Hair and Skin Treatment Clinic best hair transplantation is provided at its various clinic spread in different parts of India.
Procedure of Hair Transplantation
Hair Transplantation is a surgical process in which hair follicles are removed from the donor area with good density of hair and then implemented them in the bald portion. With the latest techniques hair transplant is done by Follicular Unit Transplant Process which can be done in two ways – one in which a stripe from the donor area is harvested, whereas on the other-hand FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is used in which individual follicles are extracted from the donor are and implement them on the bald portion. FUE is a time taking procedure but gives very natural results and leaves no scars.
In the process of strip harvesting, a skin strip with good hair growth are extracted and planted on bald portions and in follicular unit extraction hair clusters with their roots are removed manually from the back of the scalp and planted at the hairless site.
Hair Transplantation Steps:
Preparation of Hair Transplant:
At the initial step of the Hair Transplantation, hair follicles are extracted from the back of the head with good hair growth and placed them in the bald portions.
Trim of Donor Area
Before starting of the surgery, hair from the donor area are trimmed.
Prepare of Donor Area for Surgery
After the hair in the donor area trimmed, local anesthesia is done thereafter.
The tissue from the donor is removed
The tissue from the donor area which restricts the hair follicles is removed surgically and prepared for follicular unit grafts.
Bald recipient area prepared
Once the local anesthesia done, the bald area is prepared for the surgical process.
Placement of Grafts According to Density
The smallest grafts are placed in front of the hairline and the rests are placed behind.
After the Hair Transplant Surgery
After the hair transplantation surgery, tiny incisions with short hair would be visible on the bald area.
Closing of Surgery
The incision marks heal naturally and the redness of the operated area clears itself within a week.
Hair transplant is a process which does not require any introduction of instrument into the body and many a times it is done on an outpatient basis. Mostly after the successful surgery patients are allowed to do shampoo after two three days, besides the scalp needs to be kept away from the sun and protected from getting infected for a while after the surgery. The patient is generally kept on antibiotics for a few days.
Must know Facts About Hair Transplantation:
1) The transplanted hair gives natural looking hair. The roots start sprouting natural hair and continue for lifetime.
2) Application of local anesthesia before surgery makes it a painless procedure and the patient can go home after surgery.
3) Hair transplant is different from non-surgical hair restoration where a set hair is fixed on scalp with dexterity.
4) Hair transplant does not mean that you will have a huge crop of hair as the result varies from person to person and also depends on a person’s natural hair quality.
5) In Every case of baldness you don’t find a solution in hair transplantation. It entirely depends on stages or case of hair loss you are experiencing.
6) The cost of hair transplant depends on the number of grafts. The greater the bald portion the higher the requirement of grafts.