Laser hair removal is an easy and non-invasive way to enjoy a hair free body.
If you’re fed up with waxing, tweezing, and shaving, laser hair removal can be an option worth considering. It is a very famous cosmetic procedure in the US.
How laser hair removal is carried out?
The dermatologist cleans the area to be treated before staring the treatment. He numbs the body part by applying a numbing gel. This gel usually starts to work within half an hour. The entire procedure is performed in a room that is set up particularly for this purpose. All those who have to stay in that room during the treatment wear a spectacle to prevent their eyes from the powerful laser beams. The surgeon tightly holds the skin to treat it with the laser. The pigments in the follicles absorb the laser beams and ultimately destroy the growth of the hair.
How long the treatment lasts?
The duration of the treatment is not fixed and it varies depending upon the size of the area to be treated. If you want to remove hairs from your upper lips, then you can achieve it within a few minutes. On the other hand, if the dermatologist has to treat the big parts such as the backs and the legs, the treatment may take one hour.
When should you opt for it?
You should consider laser hair removal if you have the following:
- Dark hair and light skin. Dark hairs have more pigment to absorb the laser than blonde hairs making traditional laser hair removal unreliable for blonde and gray haired people.The main issue with treating the dark complexioned people is that the laser takes a long time in differentiating the skin from the hair, since the hair and skin color are more or less the same. Laser hair removal for black hair works best when the skin color contrasts the hair color.
- If your unwanted body or facial hair is making you depressed, then you should go for this treatment.
- If you are not satisfied with the age-old method of removing the body hairs and wanted a more effective solution.
How to prepare for the procedure?
Your selected dermatologist will provide you with a long list of pre-op instructions which may include the following:
- Wearing sunscreen to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays.
- If you have dark skin, then he may ask you to apply a bleaching cream. This will make the procedure easier.
- Stop other methods of hair removal such as waxing, plucking, or electrolysis prior to the treatment.
- Avoid taking certain anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin, and some other ayurvedic medicines that can lead to profuse bleeding during the treatment.
- Irrespective of the technique involved, hydration is very important both before and after the completion of the treatment.
Is the result permanent?
The laser hair removal technique will give you a permanent result but you may have to undergo more than one session to ensure that all the active hair follicles are completely removed.
So, make your skin more glowing by removing the body hairs through laser hair removal.