What’s real when it comes to all the lore and old wives tale about hair care? I think the time has come when we should debunk some myths to help you grow healthy hair in a hassle-free manner.
Must Read – What are the different Hair Loss types in Women
We have addressed 8 hair myths to help you. Check those out.
- If you pluck a grey hair, two more will grow in its place.This is one of the most common myths which we all believe. Plucking grey hairs won’t actually give births two other counterparts. But, it irritates the follicle which eventually damages the hair. So, it’s better to avoid the plucking habit.
- Do not use the same shampoo again and again. It is just a myth as there is actually no link between bad hair and the repetitive use of a specific shampoo brand. If you think that the shampoo you are using suits your hair perfectly, then you shouldn’t switch to some other brand only because of this rumor.
- Always comb your hair from roots to the tips: Never comb your hair from roots to the end tips after coming out of a shower. It is, in fact, the worst thing you can do for your hair since it leads to the breakage. Always use a wide-toothed comb for brushing.
- Sunlight is a good choice to lighten hair: You shouldn’t include this tip in your hair-care regimen. Our scalp is sensitive and when you expose it to the sunburn, it can damage the follicles and can steal the luster away from your hair making it dry and brittle. Therefore, if you want to get some lightening effect for your hair, then buy some branded hair-lightening products.
- Animal Protein is best for your hair: If you think that the animal proteins are the only source of getting protein nourishment for your hair, then you’re wrong. Fill your plate with plant protein spirulina and leafy veggies to see how amazingly they work. By including these proteins in your diet, you can increase the length of your hair in just three months.
- Coloring of the hair makes it unhealthy: Bleaching is a bad thing for your hair. But, all the hair dyes are not really bad. By applying hair color, you are making your hair look dense and your lovely locks will appear thicker. So, you can use hair color without any worries.
- If you have dandruff, you have a dry scalp: Most of us equate flakes with dry scalp. However, this is not true. On the contrary, oily scalp is related with dandruff. Dandruff is caused by yeastthat overgrows in oily environment. So, if your scalp is oily, you will likely to suffer from dandruff.
If you don’t stop believing in these myths now, you may have to pay for it by losing your hairs. Don’t try anything just by believing in the myths instead you should try to find out the truth. Remember, to enjoy a luscious, black, and dense hair, you have to follow a healthy hair routine every day.