Uneven complexion and skin tones are known to be a common problem faced by a lot many people today, especially women. While diets, injuries, excessive exposure to sunlight and sunburn, bad habits such as smoking skin related ailments, etc. are known to be few of the common reasons, there are more of them too. At times the problem may even be hereditary or genetic. This article will attempt to shed more light on the problem of uneven skin tones faced by many.
Reasons for an Uneven Skin Tone:
- Excessive exposure to sunlight and UV rays is perhaps one of the main reasons for an uneven skin tone. Baring a few times during the day like early mornings, the rays of the sun can indeed be harmful for us. This is why many men and women have an uneven skin tone on their hands, arms, legs, and even neck and faces. A catalyst to this is the high amount of pollution present in the atmosphere today.
- A stressful lifestyle and lack of sleep are the other most common reasons that affect your overall complexion. The absence of a routine in life is known to prove harmful for your complexion as also for your overall health.
- Improper eating habits such as eating a lot of fat and cholesterol-rich foods, not consuming enough vitamins, minerals, and proteins can also have drastic negative effects on your skin and your body too. Also, adults should consume at least two liters of clean water on a day-to-day basis as this prevents toxins from building up in your body and thus protects what you can call the single largest organ of your body; your skin.
Moving on, here are some possible remedies and protective measures one can adopt so as to get an even skin tone:
- If you are going to be out in the sun a lot or are on the beach or in the pool, make sure you have applied adequate sun block as this shall be the key factor protecting you from uneven skin tones.
- Ensure that you follow the diet that is best advised for your skin to the T. This is going to prove very effective in the long run.
- Lastly, for those who already have an uneven skin tone and are undergoing medication and treatment for the same; make sure that you follow your skin care regime very strictly and do not take unwanted breaks. Daily cleansing of the skin, moisturising, frequent exfoliation, using skin-masks, etc. is sure to work miracles for your skin and also for your overall complexion.