20 Crazy Facts!!
Did you know that Gender cannot be determined using a hair strand? So here is a list of 20 mind boggling facts which you didn’t know about hair:
Each strand of our hair is stronger than a copper wire of similar diameter.
- Hair is considered to be the most common type of forensic evidence
- Human race and ethnic can be determined by using hair cross-section
- Hair is the 2nd fastest growing tissue in our body, 1st being bone marrow
- Beard can grow up to 30 feet if not shaved in a life time
- By the age of 50, about half of the males have male-pattern baldness
- Hair grows about 1.25 cm per month i.e. 15 cm per month
- The anticipation of sex makes hair grow faster
- Red hair is the rarest hair shade and black is the most common one
- A temporary Hair Loss can be cause by crash dieting
- Most drugs cause hair loss due to the chemicals present in them
- Majority of men dying due to cardiac arrest are bald
- Wearing cap or hat and baldness are in no way related
- 60% of men canâ€™t spot a hair transplant
- On an average a girl spend 1 hour and 53 minutes on washing, blow drying and styling their hair
- Majority of top level men in an organization or company are bald
- Hair grows slower during winter season. The reason being dry weather and less intake of fruits and vegetables
- Our hair contain traces of gold along with 13 other elements
- 40-150 strands of hair shed every day for a normal person
- There is one 2 types of hair: pigmented and white. Nothing called grey hair existed. When a white hair grows next to a pigmented hair it appears greyish
Hope these facts provided you insights about your hair. Good hair adds beauty to the personality. As told by Iris Apfel your hair done properly and you have on good shoes, you can get away with anything.