Mastopexy: Procedure, Precautions & Advantages
A woman in all age wants to look best with flawless skin and perfect figure. But for various reasons such as aging, nursing, pregnancy, and weight loss our body tends to lose elasticity. Breast sagging is one common problem among these situations. Mastopexy is best choice if you want to restore firmness and even breast when your breast started sagging.
Mastopexy commonly referred as breast lift is a surgical process to remove excess skin tissue and lift breast in order to tighten the same.
Like Breast augmentation surgery, Mastopexy is also done under general anesthesia. Surgeon will first mark proper incision where your nipple should lift up. Then extra skin will be removed carefully and necessary size of areola will also be reduced during the surgery. Breast implants may be clubbed with this surgery for achieving desired result. It takes approximately 3 hours for the operation and patient can leave in a day or two based on doctorâ€™s advice. You might have temporary bruising, discomfort, swelling etc but that gets alrightÂ in few days.
- You will get improved breast shape and size.
- Your breast will gain back youthful appearance and firmness
- You will have more clothing choice to make with perky breast
- Result of Mastopexy last longer when taken care properly
- Complete healing might take few months after surgery
- One must avoid alcohol, smoking and deep fried food until total healing
- For first two weeks, strenuous task and heavy exercise should be avoided
- Women with Mastopexy should not sleep on their stomach for at least two weeks.
- Doctor recommendation should be followed in matter of clothing for proper healing
- All medication should be taken on time
- Any side effect or problem must be reported immediately to your cosmetic surgeon.