Alopecia is one of the mostly discussed issues in today’s world. This is generally known as nothing but the baldness through which a great number of people have to go recently. Certain points must be understood and considered properly not by the doctors only but by the patients also so that exact treatment can be proffered. These aspects are considered being quintessential enough to get the most desired outcome.
Definition of Alopecia:
Alopecia is a detrimental disease, which is responsible for creating baldness either on the whole scalp or on some portions only. In other words, it is the loss of hair that can affect people of all ages and genders even including the children. Different parts of human body can face the impact of hair loss but this is most distressing when occurred on the scalp.
Innumerable causes can be blamed and treatments are supposed to be as accordingly. Besides, variants of types require a variety in getting treated properly.
An Overview To The Severe Hair Loss Problem:
Reasons behind getting affected with Alopecia:
Numerous grounds are there to get cited and they can be summed up in the following way:
- Alopecia can be the cause of heredity or genetics
- It may be the outcome of prolonged diseases and medications
- Hormonal imbalances is another problem in this instance
- Mental stress and pressures can also be pointed out for the occurrence of such disease
- Chemotherapy or other radiation therapies are also blamed for the same
- Bacterial or viral infections, irritations and other problems on the scalp such as ringworm can get a mention
- Post-pregnancy can suffer from this critical condition also
Types of Alopecia:
Based on multiple reasons, Alopecia can be classified in the following sections incorporating:
- Alopecia Areata:
Alopecia Areata is the baldness on the scalp and other parts of body which doesn’t create any scar over the affected area. This is a chronic inflammatory disease responsible for great amount of hair loss.
- Androgenic Alopecia: (Male Pattern Baldness)
Androgenic Alopecia occurred basically on the scalp of the men due to the changes of androgen. Diffuse Patterned Alopecia (DPA) and Diffuse Unpatterned Alopecia (DUPA) are the two forms of this baldness.
- Scarring Alopecia:
Scarring Alopecia is responsible for the permanent damage of hair follicles. This situation comes upon due to multiple burns, injuries, infections, etc.
- Female Pattern Baldness:
FPB is also known as Female Androgenic Alopecia. It occurred mostly in the menopausal women. This takes takes the forms of a normal baldness.
- Telogen Effluvium:
Telogen Effluvium is basically seen more in women than in the men. Physical stress or hormonal problems are responsible for this condition
- Traction Alopecia:
Traction Alopecia happens when people are seen to be stylish enough and their styles include tying hair tightly. This can loosen the hair roots that can results into Alopecia as well.
Well, that is not all as Alopecia Areata itself can be divided in other advanced forms those include:
- Alopecia Areata Totalis: This condition is occurred with the total loss of the hair of the scalp.
- Alopecia Areata Universalis: This is the loss of all the hairs from the whole body.
- Alopecia Areata Patchy: Different patches having various sizes can be occurred in this case.
So, people should be knowledgeable in this case by possessing complete understanding of Alopecia as that is going to be helpful enough for them in getting the best possible conclusion.