Most of us have experienced this once in their lifetime- heading out for a salon to have a wonderful haircut. But, after having the haircut, when we look at the mirror, we feel that it’s not looking good because we firmly believe in the saying- ‘Mirrors don’t lie.’ At that time, we need someone to boost our confidence saying- ‘No, the haircut absolutely suits you.’ And, this confidence booster is essential mainly when we are thinking of investing our huge money to improve our appearance through cosmetic surgery.
One such cosmetic surgery is hair transplantation. The first thing that comes to our mind when we think of it is- ‘Is it safe?”What are its side-effects?’ Let’s find out the answers.
How safe is the Hair Transplant Surgery?
Today, the hair transplant surgery is done using the latest technologies to ensure you safety and perfection. However, the result may vary from one patient to another. In reality, there are very few who have experienced some weird issues with the graft harvesting, while others have just sit relax and watch the outstanding growth of their hair.
- Itching: You may have heard many people complaining about itching during the post-op period. But, one can easily deal with it just by shampooing the scalp daily. Itching during the healing process is completely normal and you shouldn’t get panicked about it.
- Swelling: Another very common side-effect is swelling. It affects nearly all the patients. But, the good thing is that it is treatable and lasts only for 4-5 days. The swelling is not dangerous and it automatically disappears within one week.
- Infections: To avoid infections, you should get in touch with a well-known hair transplant surgeon. Most of the people who get infected after the surgery have not chosen the right surgeon. And if even then, you have infection, then taking a short course of antibiotics according to your doctor’s prescription is enough to fight it.
- Bleeding: Every surgery involves some incision. Consequently, it will bleed too. What concerns us is how much bleeding is normal. Most of the skilled doctors ensure that the blood loss will be minimum and it is controllable with just a gauze piece. That’s why, it’s important to inform the surgeon whether you’re taking any blood-thinning medications in advance so as to avoid any bleeding related issues in the future.
- Pain: As most of the clinics are performing FUE process, it is less painful as compared to the older version- FUT. Whatever may be the process, the surgery is done under local anesthesia, so almost all the patients don’t feel any pain during the session. However, the process may be bit uncomfortable for you.
- Hair shedding: You should know that the implanted hair never sheds. It is the surrounding hair which sheds as a result of shock loss. However, these hair also start to grow after some weeks.
To sum up, we can say that hair transplantation is a safe method which brings out amazing results irrespective of the gender.