Excessive shedding is known as Alopecia and it takes various forms in both men and women. When we start to lose our hair, we should know that it can be treated by slight changes in our lifestyle. Once you address the cause of the hair loss, you can easily fight against it. In women, this problem is generally associated with DHT or dihydrotestosterone.
Women who have hormonal imbalance, stress, or is medically not fit develops female pattern baldness which are of the following types:
- Androgenetic Alopecia: Most of the women who are affected by Androgenetic Alopecia have wide-spread thinning all over their scalp. It happens in those women who have small amounts of androgen, a male hormone. There are many factors such as taking birth control pills with high androgen index, menopause, pregnancy and ovarian cysts which accumulate together to affect the ation of androgens in women.
However, DHT is only partially responsible for the miniaturization of the follicles in female pattern baldness. Actually, hereditary is the main culprit.
You can cure Androgenetic Alopecia with many hair loss remedies available in the market. Or, you can directly consult with your doctor and start applying minoxidil as per doctor’s prescription.
- Telogen Effluvium: When your body is facing any kind of trauma like serious infection, child birth, stress, or malnutrition, your hair will automatically start shedding. Unfortunately, in this condition, approximately, 90% of the hair enters the resting or the telogen phase altogether. If the hair remains at this stage for more than three months, Telogen Effluvium occurs.
One of the best hair loss remedies is avoiding of the stressful events. In some women, this disorder lasts even for years, and its actual cause in those cases is very difficult to diagnose.
- Anagen Effluvium: Generally, this kind of shedding is linked with chemotherapy. When chemotherapy targets the rapidly dividing cells of cancer, hair follicles are also targeted indirectly because they also have rapidly dividig cells. Therefore, once chemotherapy is given to the patient, she start to lose 90% of her hair. The breaking of the hair shafts causes Anagen Effluvium.
- Alopecia Areata: Alopecia Areata in women is caused by the improper reaction of the inflammation. Here, the immue system of the body mistakenly attack the follicles leading to their miniaturization. If you suddenly notice that you have develop patchy baldness, then you may be are suffering from Alopecia Areata. In most cases, the patients get back their hair within two years, sometimes even without undergoing any treatment.
- Traction Alopecia: The word ‘Traction’ means drawing or pulling something with force. So, from its name, it’s clear that the Traction Alopecia patients start to lose their hair when a great pressure is exerted on the hair follicles for a long time. It may be due to tight hairstyles. Tight ponytails, braiding, and cornrows are the most common hairdos which causes our hair to fall out.
Prevention is better than cure. So, fight against it as soon as you observe.