Precautions & Tips for Liposuction
Today having a perfect toned and trimmed body is not only a concern for women but also for men. With lack of time we all find it difficult to exercise and diet, but overweight cause does cause lot of health issues. Then how to get rid of those unwanted fat areas without having adverse effect on health? The answer is Liposuction also known as Lipoplasty!
Liposuction is a pain-free surgical method that removes unwanted fat from various parts of body such as abdomen, hips, thighs, chin, neck, breast, arms and waist. This method is mainly suitable for people who have relatively normal weight but still have isolated fats causing out of proportion body. Best thing is anybody with not much of health issues can try out Liposuction for better figure.
Care Before Liposuction
- A complete physical exam is must before you go for surgery.
- You must have a healthy weight before surgery for best results.
- All medical conditions such as allergy, medications etc must be discussed with doctor.
- Over the counter medicines such as aspirin, vitamin E, supplements should be avoided before liposuction.
- Pick a doctor who specializes in plastic surgery or lipo surgery as he will decide if you are good candidate for this surgery.
- Understand all techniques of Liposuction such as tumescent liposuction, ultrasound-assisted liposuction, Laser liposuction and choose wisely.
Care After Liposuction
- It is good to spent overnight in the surgical center.
- All post-surgery instructions from doctor such as what garment should be worn, taking antibiotics, how much weight you lift etc should be properly followed.
- Rest well and allow at least 2 weeks for healing
- While surgery might not be painful, but post liposuction you might feel the pain which is of course bearable.
- You might experience irritation, swelling and bruising for a week or more which can be treated with proper medication given by doctor.
- Proper nutrients, proteins and hydration are required for proper healing.
- The areas where doctor inject canula could leak for few days which can be treated with help for drainage tube.
- You will have little scare where canula was inserted but not many can make out the same.