Some people say that wine is always trendy, while others just stay away from it. Excessive drinking of alcohol is definitely injurious to health, but if you drink red wine in moderate quantity, then you’re actually making your skin and hair healthy. I’ve assembled some amazing uses of red wine in this blog. Just check it out.
Why red wine is considered good for hair?
- It prevents hair loss: You may be surprised to hear that red wine can combat shedding to a great extent. The bioflavonoids antioxidants present in it boost the formation of the keratins and protect against the keratin deficiency.
- Makes the hair shiny: Wine can add to the luster of your hair. Just shampoo and condition your hair in the way you always do. But, in the end, rinse your hair with red wine to get shiny hair.
- Repairs damaged hair: The antioxidants -rich red wine can fight free radicals. It also rejuvenates and repairs the damage hair.
- Fights against dandruff: Drink one glass of red wine daily for proper blood circulation. When there is proper blood circulation, the blood vessels will be strengthened. It, in turn, will remove the dandruff from the scalp. To get rid of the dandruff, you can also prepare a solution by mixing red wine and water. Apply it on your scalp. After that, cover it with a towel and keep it for half an hour. Then, shampoo your hair to rinse it off thoroughly.
How red wine works for your skin?
- Slows down the aging process: The organic red wines contain antioxidants such as tannin, Flavonoids, and Resveratrol which are friends to the skin. It fights the free radicals which produce fine lines and wrinkles on your face.
- Red wine is a wonderful toner: Dip a cotton ball in red wine and apply it gently all over your face. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it off to get a soft and supple skin.
- Protects against the sun: The amino acids rich red wine refreshes the skin and protects our skin against the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Heals acne effectively: This wine type consists of natural AHAs, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. As such, it can fight acne and cleanse the pores to hold off further break out.
- Exfoliate the skin: The facial scrub and the exfoliate products composed of red wine are now extremely used in beauty therapy. It removes the dead skin cells and increases the blood circulation to give your skin that extra glow.
- Lightens skin color: Make a face pack by mixing egg, red wine, and honey in the ratio of 1:5:2. Apply it on your face and let it there for 20 minutes. You will yourself notice the change in your complexion within a few days.
Is red wine good for your health too?
Yes, red wine is definitely good for your health too. It keeps you fit in the following ways:
- Promotes the sleep: Don’t you have a sound sleep every night? Drink little amount of red wine before going to sleep to calm yourself down and relax your body and mind. The red wine has high concentration of Melatonin which induces sleep.
- Regulates the cholesterol level: It lowers the cholesterol and stops the building up of the saturated fat in the body
- Controls the blood sugar level: The Resveratrol antioxidant of red wine triggers the insulin secretion from the pancreas. As a result, it minimizes the glucose level in the blood. So, if you drink red wine in small quantity, you can stay away from type 2 diabetes.
Although red wine is beneficial for us in many ways, yet consuming it in excessively can cause health hazards. Therefore, seek expert’s opinion before drinking red wine for your hair, skin and health.